Bering was first launched as a watch brand in 2010 in Denmark by founder Michael Witt Johansen. Johansen was heavily influenced by his father’s travels to the Arctic and became fascinated by the tales of great adventure he would return home with. Johansen named his brand after Vitus Bering, a Danish sailor who crossed the straits that would later be named the Bering Straits in his honor. Bering watches are designed with a combination of Arctic beauty and modern, timeless Danish design.
The True Aurora Collection is inspired by the vibrant colors of the Northern Lights. Bering has combined its fascination with the beauty of the Arctic with classic Danish design to create timelessly elegant timepieces.
Core Features of the Bering True Aurora Collection:
- Bering watches are characterized by clear streamlined forms and pure elegance.
- The watches in this collection are all inspired by the colors of the Northern Lights.
- Each of the watches features a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal to protect the dial.
Model Specifications 16940-609:
- This model features a yellow dial with white Arabic and baton indices and a sub-dial in the 6 o’clock position.
- The dial exhibits white hour and minute hands.
- A polished silver aluminum case frames the dial. It measures 40mm in diameter and 8mm in thickness.
- The watch is powered by a quartz movement.
- This watch is finished with a yellow rubber strap that fastens with a pin buckle.
- This model is splash resistant.